Saturday, December 4, 2010

REPOST

Yesterday morning -actually still 'today' for me, as I haven't slept yet- I met my mother's 'boyfriend'. Under weird circumstances too, I add. He came to pick her up at 8:00 for work, and they sat down for a few minutes for tea. He said he was happy to meet the 'infamous emma'. That's what he called me: the 'infamous emma'. And that what he had heard were all good things.
When someone says im 'infamous', and then finishes the sentence with 'all good things I've heard about you', I really start to worry what my mother could have told him.
First off, let me just say this so it isn't a shock later on, but I am appalled that my mother is dating. I mean, it was only a year and a half ago that she and my father split over 'irreconcilable differences'. What does that mean? I know I wasn't supposed to go through the papers, but I saw what they said on them; well, basically all i got was the wanted to split because of the 'irreconcilable' thing. Anyway, it seems really weird that my mother is now dating someone else. It's really weird.
What I also wonder about is why i didn't feel this way when my dad was dating. It wasn't even a year after they split before my father was off dating again. It was so soon after everything. And yet, I didn't feel as weird as I do about meeting my mother's 'bf.' What's really funny too, is he's kind of built like my father, except a bit taller. He's a bit stocky, dark, dark, hair, and -since he brought it- obviously likes tea. For me, I really don't see much of a difference. HA!
Anyways, so now I find out that I can meet up with a few of my old friends in the city when I go on vacation. I AM SO NOT READY FOR THIS!!! I am still fatter than ever, and now I am racing against the clock trying to lose as much as I can. I haven't done as much exercise as I would like, but this morning I did tons.
Since I slept mostly through Thrusday, and didn't sleep at all last night (Thursday night). So,this morning I had a cup of coffee, which must have done something, because for a full hour and a half I cleaned everything I could think of. I vacuumed the living room, swept the kitchen, and dining room, did the dishes, and cleaned my room. After I cleaned I felt kind of...slow. Like the effects of the coffee had burnt off, which is kind of weird, because I don't really get bursts of energy, whether I consume any type of beverage, or food.
So now, in a week and a half, I am visiting friends, and I just pray and hope that I can be at my best by then, and be thinner than ever, thin enough that they can notice at least SOME change in my appearance. God, it sounds like SO much work...

Hope everyone is enjoying Christmas time! Its my most favourite time of the year.
Best wishes on perfection
love emma

No comments:

Post a Comment