Wednesday, March 16, 2011

so now im am starting more 'today' posts about what ive eaten, because, frankly, that's the best way to go.
anyway,
today i have had:
1 cup coffee w/ milk and sugar
1/2 cup KD mac & cheese
1 cup green tea

So apparently, when I researched green tea, it can help burn fat. It lowers cholesterol, and, weirdly enough, can aid in weight loss. I think its fascinating how one cup of tea can aid anyone in losing weight, thus, becoming healthier.
Last night I was on Twitter, and I found some food facts, that are both-sided, ones that can make me think food is GROSS, and some that can make me think food is good:

1. On average, a person will spend a total of five years, eating during his or her lifetime.
2. 1 out of every 4 kids in the USA are overweight!
3. The smell of apples or bananas can help you lose weight!
4. Every day, 7% of the US, about 21,840,000 people, eat at McDonald's. GROSS!
5. The average chocolate bar, has about 8 insects' legs in it!
6. Apples, are more efficient than caffeine, at waking you up in the morning!
7. During your lifetime, you'll eat about 60,000 pounds of food, that's the weight of anbout 6 elephants.
8. Formaldehyde is the stinky liquid that's used to preserve dead labortory animals. This chemical is what the artificial sweetener aspartame, breaks down into after being eaten.
9. Two 12-ounce servings of freshly juiced apples, pears, carrots, celery, and leafy greens can produce the same effect as twice the dosing recommendation of a laxative!

Yum. Personally, I don't think I would ever want to take a laxative, so I could freshly juice vegetables and fruit to get the same effect, but twice that as a laxative! Cool.

Love
~Em

No comments:

Post a Comment